CBD Delivery Methods
CBD Main Delivery Methods: Examining Your Options
If you are new to CBD oil, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to decide which form of CBD is best suited for your needs. You're not alone. It seems like everyday a new form of CBD or CBD infused product comes out. We are going to give you a quick rundown of the four most popular ways of taking CBD so you'll be able to make an informed decision about which one is right for you.
4 Most Popular Ways To Take CBD:
- Sublingually (under your tongue)
- Vaping (smoking)
- Topical (lotions, gels, oils...)
- Orally (capsules/edibles)
Delivery methods are in no particular order.
When taking CBD oil sublingually, you place it under your tongue and hold it there. Oil will absorb through your mucus membrane. This is another one of the most common forms of taking CBD with CBD oil tinctures. CBD oil can come in many different variations and flavors. Some of the most popular tinctures are Pure CBD oil made with CBD isolate powder.
- Fast Acting: Like vaping, sublingual use of CBD oil allows you to bypass the digestive system and get the CBD into your bloodstream quicker.
- Bioavailability: Sublingually applied CBD has the highest absorption rate of all the delivery methods listed here, so you are getting the most out of your milligrams of CBD in the product.
- Ease-Of-Use: CBD oil is usually taken with a tincture and then dropped into the mouth, making it not as easy to take as other methods such as capsules or vaping.
- Taste: Although many CBD oil tinctures are available in different flavors or made from pure CBD isolate which is odorless and tasteless, unrefined full-spectrum CBD hemp oil has an earthy taste that is unpleasant to some.
Vaping is one of the most common delivery methods for taking CBD. By now, everyone knows what vaping is. BUT, if you don't... it involves using a portable electrical device that heats up CBD oil and turns it into a vapor, which is then inhaled. The vapor quickly dissipates and doesn't leave a trace of any odor. Different flavors and concentrations are used to offer a variety of CBD vape products. Disposable CBD vape pens are very popular because of their ease-of-use and come ready to use without the need for any additional battery.
- Fast Acting: Vaping gets the CBD molecules into your bloodstream very quickly, and as such, it is the fastest acting delivery method. The effects of CBD can be felt almost immediately after vaping.
- Portable: Vaping equipment can be easily carried around with you in your pocket for a quick puff whenever and wherever it's convenient for you.
- Discreet: CBD oil doesn't give off a very strong smell and quickly becomes undetectable and evaporates.
- Wears Off Quickly: Although they take hold quicker, the effects of vaping CBD oil wear off quicker than other delivery methods. Effects can wear off after 2-3 hours.
- More Expensive: CBD oil for vaping is one of the more expensive forms when compare the costs per milligram with other delivery methods.
- Possible health Risks: We still don't have many long term studies on the effects of inhaling vapor.
Topicals include all creams, lotions, oils, gels, and anything else that is meant to be rubbed onto the surface of the body, rather than taken internally. CBD skin care products are becoming widely popular as well as CBD muscle gels and creams for muscle and joint pain.
- Additional Healing Ingredients: Topical CBD products often contain other ingredients that will help with the problem that they are designed to solve. For example, anti-aging components in skin care products and warming/cooling ingredients in muscle gels and creams.
- Targeted: Similar to the point above, topical CBD products are usually designed for a very specific purpose. This allows you to really target the specific problem.
- Long Lasting: Although other ingredients can provide instant relief, the CBD itself shines with continued use. Over time, with continued use, you'll find that these products really help reduce your issues.
- Expensive: Some CBD higher end CBD topical products are a bit on the pricey side.
- Messy: Just by their general nature, topical products are messier to apply than other methods are.
Oral - CBD Capsules and Edibles
Oral CBD can come in the form of CBD capsules that are ingested, or in a concentrate form that is added to food. The common theme here is that the digestive system is the delivery method. You can also choose to ingest a tincture instead of taking it sublingually.
- Taste: CBD taken orally can come in the form of candy and even different types of liquid beverages.
- Ease-Of-Use: CBD pills and capsules make it very easy to incorporate CBD into your daily health and wellness routine.
- Long Lasting: CBD oil consumed orally is one of the longest-lasting of the available delivery methods. You can expect the results from oral CBD to last up to 8 hours.
- Slow Acting: Because it has to travel through the entire digestive system, CBD that is taken orally takes the longest time for the effects to begin. You can expect to wait 30 to 60 minutes before the CBD enters the bloodstream.
- Less Precise Dosing: Most oral forms of CBD oil allow for much less accurate dosing. If you have a pill of a certain milligram, then you are limited to taking multiples of that amount. Tinctures, vapes, and topicals allows you the freedom to take as much or as little as you want. (Although you can take CBD oil orally, you get more benefit from doing so sublingually).
You can break your use for CBD into two basic forms: CBD for acute problems, and CBD for chronic problems. From there, we can decide which delivery method is the best for your needs.
If you have an acute problem, one that comes on suddenly, then you are going to want fast relief. Since these problems don't last forever, long-lasting effects are not as important. This makes vaping or sublingual application the best choice. Which one you choose depends on how fast you need it to work, how long you expect the problem to last, and your personal preference.
For chronic problems, ones that never really go away, you are going to want something that lasts for a longer period of time. For this reason, oral and topical applications are the best options. Again, which one you choose will depend on the variables involved.
Everybody has their own unique lifestyle and no two problems or issue are exactly the same. We have a wide variety of CBD products that will suit your individual needs regardless of which delivery method you prefer. Check out all of our CBD products and discover the ways CBD can help improve your wellness today!