In basic terms, CBD is one of many molecules found within the hemp plant called cannabinoids, and each cannabinoid has their own unique benefits. CBD is currently the most popular cannabinoid (not including THC) because of it’s many medicinal properties. CBD is also non-psychoactive, unlike THC. This means you benefit from all of the thereapeutic properties of CBD without the “high”.
Top CBD Benefits:
- Anti-Inflammatory (may help reduce swelling and pain in muscles and joints)
- Encourages Homeostasis (maintains and regulates the body’s stability in order for it to function properly)
- Improve overall wellness
Both hemp and marijuana plants contain CBD within its flowers, leaves and stalks at varying amounts. Industrial hemp-derived CBD is CBD that is extracted from hemp plants containing less than or equal to 0.3% THC and is federally legal. However CBD concentrate obtained from marijuana plants contains higher than 0.3% THC is considered to have been derived from medical marijuana plants and does not fall under the same legal guidelines as industrial hemp. All of Petal CBD Supplements are made with CBD derived from insustrial hemp grown in the United States and is 100% legal.
CBD is not the only beneficial component of the hemp plant. The hemp plant is known for containing oils used in body lotions and essential oils. It has an EFA content, which aids in the regeneration of cracked and dry skin, making it an amazing moisturizer.
Hemp and hemp seeds are exceptionally nutritious and rich in healthy fats, protein and various minerals. Hemp is exceptionally rich in two essential fatty acids, omega-6 and omega-3, making it a great source for a healthy boost to any well balanced diet. Hemp also contains high amounts of vitamin E, phosphorus, potassium, sodium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium, iron and zinc.
Hemp Health Benefits:
- May reduce risk of heart disease.
- May benefit skin diseases and provide relief from eczema and its uncomfortable symptoms.
- May reduce symptoms of PMS and Menopause
- Hemp is high in GLA (gamma-linolenic acid), which reduces the effects of prolactin - the main cause of emotional and physical symptoms of PMS